Stellar Converter for EDB is an advanced and powerful tool to convert Exchange database files to PST and other multiple formats, such as PDF, MSG, HTML, EML, and RTF. The software is specifically designed for the Exchange and IT admins to help them extract mailboxes from hosted (online) or offline Exchange database files (.edb) for backup and migration.
The tool comes in handy when the Exchange Management Shell (EMS) cmdlets, Exchange Admin Center (EAC), and ExMerge fail to export the mailboxes from an Exchange database (EDB) file to PST.
Stellar Converter for EDB – An Overview
Stellar Converter for EDB helps administrators export mailboxes from the online databases without dismounting the database. Similarly, it can also export mailboxes from an offline database without mounting the database.
Besides PST, Stellar Converter for EDB can also export the mailboxes from offline EDB directly to a live Exchange Server or Office 365 without causing any impact on the server performance. In addition, the software can also be used to export mailboxes from decommissioned Exchange Server database.
It provides a detailed preview of mailboxes and mailbox items after the scan, with search options to find and preview specific mailbox or mail items. The software features an intuitive design and provides better control over the Exchange mailbox database backup and migration process.
It utilizes the advanced Parallel Processing technique to process and export mailboxes from offline databases at up to 4x speed. It can extract and save up to 4 mailboxes simultaneously, which can help reduce the time required to backup or migrate mailboxes from the Exchange database to PST, live Exchange, or Office 365.
Further, you get a mailbox priority option to prioritize mailbox conversion. This option allows you to select and export specific mailboxes first than the others in the queue. The option comes in handy when you need to backup, migrate, and export critical mailboxes quickly.
It also automatically maps the source and destination mailboxes when you export mailboxes from an offline database to live Exchange or Office 365. Plus, you can create a new mailbox on the destination server and manually map the mailboxes, if required, with just a few clicks.
And unlike manual methods, this EDB to PST Converter tool does not require any additional permissions or Exchange server to work or perform these advanced operations. Thus, you can use the tool to open and view any EDB file. It’s compatible with Microsoft Exchange 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2000, and 5.5 versions.
Features and Pricing
Stellar Converter for EDB is available in three different editions. Each edition features a different set of features, which are as follows:
· Stellar Converter for EDB – Corporate-I: $299 (Free demo version available)
The Corporate-I edition allows you to save or export up to 50 mailboxes from an online or offline EDB file to PST, live Exchange, or Office 365. It provides the following features:
- Exports and migrates mailboxes from both online and offline EDB files without any file size limit
- Exports multiple mailboxes simultaneously with Parallel Processing
- Exports contacts to CSV
- Exports mailboxes and Public Folders from EDB files directly to live Exchange or Office 365
- Option to save and load scan to resume conversion later
- Exports mailboxes to Public Folders on Exchange and Office 365
- Preview mailboxes and mail items before saving
- Option to prioritize mailboxes
- Provides an option to create mailboxes on the destination server
- Manual and automatic mapping of source and destination mailboxes
- Supports Unicode EDB files
- Facilitates Dial Tone Recovery
- 24*5 dedicated technical support
· Stellar Converter for EDB – Corporate-II: $399 (Free demo version available)
In addition to all the features of the Corporate-I edition, the Corporate-II edition allows you to extract and save or export up to 500 mailboxes from an EDB file to PST, live Exchange Server, or Office 365.
· Stellar Converter for EDB – Toolkit: $699 (Free demo version available)
The tool provides all the features of Corporate-I and II editions. In addition, it allows you to convert and export virtually unlimited mailboxes from hosted/online or offline Exchange database (EDB) files to PST, live Exchange, or Office 365. It also comes bundled with additional tools to repair corrupt or damaged Exchange database files (EDB), convert OST to PST, recover mailboxes and mail items from damaged Exchange backup, and reset Windows Server passwords.
You can download all three editions for free. The demo version lets you scan and preview an unlimited mailbox database. To save the converted mailboxes and mail items to PST or live Exchange and Office 365, you need to activate the software.
Hardware and Software Requirements
Following are the minimum and recommended system requirements to install and use Stellar Converter for EDB.
- Processor: Intel-compatible (x86, x64)
- Operating System: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2008
- Memory: 4 GB (minimum)/8 GB (recommended)
- Hard Disk: 250 MB of Free Storage Space
- Exchange Server: Exchange 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2000, & 5.5 versions
Figure 1: Select Hosted or Offline EDB Mode
Figure 2: Choose EDB File
Figure 3: Mailbox and mail item preview after the scan
Figure 4: Multiple saving options
Figure 5: Export to Live Exchange
Figure 6: Export to Office 365
Figure 7: Create, map, and prioritize mailboxes
Figure 8`: Processing multiple mailboxes simultaneously to PST/Live Exchange/Office 365
In our testing, Stellar Converter for EDB converted and exported the mailboxes from an old EDB file to PST, live Exchange, and Office 365 successfully. However, it requires an administrator account, which you need to configure on your system in Outlook to work. Its intuitive user interface, advanced features, and 4x faster conversion speed with dedicated 24*5 customer support make it one of the best and most reliable tools to convert EDB files. It’s also recommended by MVPs and IT experts worldwide.