Skype for Business have become one of the famous communication methods adapted in businesses today. A lot of peoples would like to communicate externally. However, these settings are configured by the Tenant Admin. Lots of corporate does not allow External Communication as Skype for Business is to be used internally.
Here is how you can configure your Tenant for External Communication:
- Sign-in to Office 365 Portal
- I am a Tenant Admin and I also have Exchange Online. I have also customized my login page. Therefore my page looks like this. Select the “Admin” Icon
- Go to the bottom left hand side of the screen. Under “Admin Centers”, select “Skype for Business”
- Under the “Skype for Business admin Center” > Select “Organization” > “External Communications”
- Ensure that you Enable “Let people use Skype for Business to communicate with Skype users outside your organization”.
- For a more Advance, you can edit which Domains you want to “Allow” or “Block
You will now have configured External Communication to be allowed from your Tenant. in order for you to communicate with other Tenants, they will have to allow this and if strict, allow your domain as well.
WAIT UP TO 24 HOURS TO TEST. Any time you change the external communications settings, it can take up to 24 hours for the changes to populate across all the data centers around the globe.