Office 365 has two ways of administering it. One is via the portal ( Portal.office.com ) and the other via Powershell. Powershell has lots customization which can be done. Lots of admin to do touch the Powershell because of scripting etc. But once you get used to it, it will become second nature. Here are the steps to connecting to Office 365 Powershell – Connect to a Tenant via Powershell.
Install the required software
- Install the 64-bit version of the Microsoft Online Services Sign-in Assistant
- Then install the Microsoft Azure Active Directory Module
- Open an administrator-level PowerShell command prompt.
- Run the Install-Module MSOnline command.
- If prompted to install the NuGet provider, type Y and press ENTER.
- If prompted to install the module from PSGallery, type Y and press ENTER.
- After installation, close the PowerShell command window.
Connect to your Office 365 Tenant / Subscription
- Open Windows Powershell as an Administrator
- Connect with the script:TenantConnect Script
You will be prompted to enter your Global Administrator Account.
Once connected, you can run Get-MsolUser. You should get a response with a list of users.